Can you believe that my little guy is 2 years old today. It has been a sweet journey and we have had so much fun being parents!
I have seen a few of my friends do really cute interviews with their little ones and I tried really hard with Simon but when I ask him “What’s your favorite color?” he responds with stuff like “huh?! I want juice!”. “Favorite” is a far off concept for him but for the record his favorite color is still purple.
A few things about Simon at age 2
- He talks non stop – I mean he will talk your ear off. He has put at many as 7 words together in a sentence.
- He has lots of cute little phrases like “nice and warmer” and “you come too?”
- When he counts he says “1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 10” and he says this consistently – probably 30 times a day.
- He loves dinosaurs, diggers (excavators, backhoes, and dump ducks), and playing legos
- He is almost completely potty trained. He got really interested in it and we went with it. He has gone up to 5 days with out an accident but using the bathroom away from home is much more challenging.
- He is a really good swimmer and can kick to the surface from the bottom of the 4ft pool.
- He is very affectionate (especially when he is tired) he gives me hugs and kisses all day long.
- He has 2 stuffed dogs one golden and one black and he named them (all on his own) after my Aunt’s real live dogs Max and Molly. Right now we cannot find Molly and it is making bed time really hard.
- He will eat just about anything but he hates sitting at the table to do it. This kid is a way better eater than I was and he prefers avocado and green beans to mac and cheese. He also loves salmon and will even eat salad.
We are putting off having a party for him for a couple of weeks because we are going to be in Chicago all this week (really putting that potty training to the test). But I will update with photos form his “digger” party once it happens.
-EmilyPortfolio | Contact Me | Book a Session
. . .
Happy birthday Simon, may your 3rd year be full of adventure and life!
belated happy birthday to young Simon! has Molly been found yet? i hope so… (yes i realize it is only a stuffed animal…)
He is such a beautiful boy!
happy birthday simon!